Approximate Frequency of Occurrence Scale
This rating scale serves as a tool for providing approximations of the likelihood that a given subjective effect will occur.
It is primarily used within our substance documentation articles that can be found listed here.
- Rare - At this frequency, the effect typically only occurs spontaneously for a small percentage of people. It may also never arise for many people, no matter how many times they use the substance.
- Uncommon - At this frequency, the effect will typically occur at some point over the course of multiple experiences, but will usually be absent more often than not.
- Common - At this frequency, the effect typically occurs for people during most of their experiences, but is often slightly inconsistent in its occurrence.
- Frequent - At this frequency, the effect typically occurs for most people during all of their experiences, to the extent that it is unusual if it does not happen.
- Near universal - At this frequency, the effect typically occurs for the vast majority of people during their experiences. However, there is still always the possibility that it may not happen for certain individuals."